This project is read-only.

Extending RDPaddins

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
First off, thanks many times over....

I wish to extend the functionality. Instead of selecting a file to transfer and have it open automatically on the client device. I want to intercept calls to Server side applications and redirect the communications to a client application.

Here is the senario,

I have a remote app that I can use happily on the client and it works 100%. In the application It generates a report. You then have an option to "send to excel". you click this and if Excel is installed on the server it fires up with the data displayed. Problem is that I don't really want the user running excel on the server. (for many reasons).

I have seen various discussions on the subject and have come to a dead end.

Any thoughts
Nov 21, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Good luck, "send to excel" is meaningless ... you app can use automation for export or it can generate excel's file by itself ... so you have to: check if it is using excel automation, if so you are in deep sh * t (i did write a excel automation server but i will not share the code(even if i could it would be useless since i only implement methods/object from Excel COM that i needed), it is a f * ing lots of work: like implementing IReflect, checking what objects/methods are used by your program and then implementing them somehow) ... but if your program is generating the excel's file by itself(end the using ShellExecute to run th Excel) it is pretty easy => you have to associate xls/xlsx files to the modified server side app and send the file (ShellExecute will call the serverside app and the path to the file will be in args of Main method)